How to involve people in complex change processes with Gia Thi Nguyen

In the latest episode of the New Process Podcast, I’m talking with Gia Thi Nguyen about change and transformation in complex organizations. Since he has a lot of experience from various change projects, I wanted to know his recommendations on how to involve people in these complex change projects.

Let’s take a look at his answer:

  • Authenticity and trust are key in involving people in complex processes.
  • Listening is a crucial first step in gaining trust.
  • Asking better questions can help understand the process and the people involved.
  • It’s unrealistic and counterproductive to try to make everyone happy. Aim to make the majority (80%) happy, while still putting effort into the remaining 20%.
  • Show genuine interest in the process, the products, the customers, and the suppliers.
  • Regularly engage with the people involved in the process, ask meaningful questions, and show that you value their input.
  • Don’t just talk about being human-centric or improving processes, show it through your actions.
  • The goal is not to tell people how to do their jobs differently, but to help them improve how they’re already doing their jobs.

Feel free to listen to the full interview on the latest podcast episode here.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *