Today, I used all your valuable feedback on the New Process Checklist to push it to the next level. As a result, I came up with the idea of a New Process Life Cycle which starts with “Create purpose” as initial phase.
Overall, the New Process Life Cycle consists of the following 8 phases:
- Create purpose: Why do we need this process?
- Define strategy: What is our process vision to fulfill the process purpose?
- Analyze as is: Where are we today?
- Design process: How does a process look like to get from where we are to our vision?
- Model process: How do we perform the process in a safe and repeatable way?
- Implement process: What do we have to do to get the process running?
- Steer execution: How do we assure target fulfillment?
- Improve execution: How can we continuously improve process execution?
What do you think about this approach? What would you change, remove, or add?